The International Avenue Business Revitalization Zone (INTAVEBRZ) & Calgary Arts Development Authority (CADA) have partnered to provide temporary presentation space, studio space, and workshop space for arts in East Calgary.
The Art Box on 17E is an excellent location for multi-disciplinary rehearsals, visual artists’ studios, a festival office, writers, photographers, graphic designers, film and video artists, and interdisciplinary artists. Studios will be available for rent from October 1, 2013 until January 31, 2015 with potential for extension based on building availability and funding.
Art Box on 17E is a project that will increase arts activity in Greater Forest Lawn (GFL) and support for artists living and/or working in GFL. Proposals from artists and organizations will be given greater consideration if they include one or more of the following outcomes:
- High level of participation from local artists or community members
- Increased participation of artists, organizations and GFL community members from diverse ethnic/cultural backgrounds
- Benefits local businesses or increases economic activity in GFL.
- Provision of mentorship opportunities (not exclusively focused on youth)
- Increased Community Engagement with the arts (accessible performances/exhibitions, community events or celebrations, community arts activities)
The project will have three main components:
- Large accessible/affordable exhibition/presentation space
- Subsidized studio space for individual artists/collectives
- Grants to local artists
We look forward to sharing this new project.
Click for word document Art Box on 17 E – Call to Artists
Click for application form artbox studio rental application