Construction on International Avenue is in full swing and this weekend the intersection of 40 and 42 Streets and 17 Avenue S.E. will be closed for deep utility works. Detours will be set up at 39 and 43 Street. It’s necessary to remove trees west of 30 Street S.E. as part of construction, and trees removed as part of construction will be replaced with newly planted trees or landscaping along the avenue.
On the weekend of June 3rd – 4th, 45 Street and 17 Avenue S.E. will be closed for deep utility works.
Construction Next Week
- June 3-4 weekend: Intersection of 45 Street and 17 Avenue S.E. will be closed for deep utility works.
- Paving between 30 and 33 Street S.E. planned for the evenings of May 31 and June 1.
- Road structure to be built between 33 and 36 Street S.E.
- Street lighting installation between 30 and 33 Street S.E.
- June 10-11 weekend: Intersections of 37 Street and East of 45 Street and 17 Avenue S.E. will be closed for deep utility works.
- 44 Street S.E. traffic signal switchover to temporary on June 15, 2017.
- Traffic detour setup to switch traffic to the north side of 17 Avenue S.E. between 30 and 36 Street July 2017.
Thank you for your continued patience as we work to make 17 Avenue a great space for everyone.
For more details on the work happening over the next few weeks please see the attached update.