Good afternoon – we’re almost finished construction for the year, and there are some detours coming up that businesses and residents should be aware of.
October 26 to October 29, 2018 – 17 Avenue at 30 Street S.E.
- Starting at 7 p.m. October 26, 2018 eastbound 17 Avenue S.E. will be reduced to one lane at 30 Street S.E. until 5 a.m. October 29, 2018
October 27, 2018 – 17 Avenue S.E. between 28 and 33 Street S.E.
- Starting at 8 a.m. October 27, 2018 westbound 17 Avenue S.E. traffic will be detoured to 16 Avenue S.E. between 28 and 33 Street S.E. until approximately 1 p.m.
- The southbound left turn lane at 33 and 31 Street S.E. will remain open for local traffic.
Over the next week crews will be out painting road markings and signage along the Avenue, and throughout the day on October 31, 2018 U-turn signage will be placed, and drivers can make legal U-turns at the following intersections:
- 17 Avenue and 38 Street S.E.
- 17 Avenue and 40 Street S.E.
- 17 Avenue and 42 Street S.E.
- 17 Avenue and 47 Street S.E.
- 17 Avenue and 50 Street S.E.
- 17 Avenue and 54 Street S.E.
Starting November 1, 2018 residents and businesses will see buses operating in the new transitway on 17 Avenue S.E. Calgary Transit will be conducting driver training before the service starts on November 19, 2018 so the buses operating between November 1 and 18 are not in service.
We want to thank everyone for their patience during construction, and remind everyone that your favourite businesses on International Avenue are open, so make sure to stop by.