International Avenue BRZ Awards
The International Avenue BRZ Awards are presented annually to our businesses.
Each of the businesses listed below have helped to enhance our business zone through their commitment to presenting a positive experience to their clients with quality service and upkeep of their facilities and as a result make all of us better.
2015 Award Winners
The following recipients were presented with awards at our annual general meeting on November 24, 2015:
Best Around the World in 35 Blocks Food Tour Location
Best Customer Service
Best New Business
Tung Nguyen Community Service Award
Tung Nguyen passed away on February 15,2013. He was an owner of Mekong Restaurant, a well known humanitarian and community-minded person. This award is named after him, and presented to a business who is providing outstanding community service.
Awards We’ve Received
International Avenue BRZ is an award winner as well. Here is a list of awards we have received:
- Best in the West Award 2016- Pacific NW Region/BIA/IDA for Partnerships
- Best in the West Award 2016- Pacific NW Region/BIA/IDA for Communications
- Jim Gray Safer Calgary Award, 2008
- City of Calgary Award- Community Advocate along with C-BIZ, 2007
- Centennial Medal was awarded to our Executive Director, Alison Karim-McSwiney, 200
- Centennial Medallion was awarded to our Executive Director, Alison Karim-McSwiney, 2005
- Centennial Medallion was awarded to International Avenue Design Initiative p.m.- Gian-Carlo Carra and Professor Robert Kirby
- Winner of the Charter Award from the Congress of New Urbanism. U of C team under IADI, 2005