POSTING SEPT 27/18:
Hours of Work: part time turning into full time
An exciting opportunity exists for a well highly self-motivated, personable, responsible and organized individual. working in an up and coming neighbourhood for an established butcher/deli/ market.
Reporting to the owner you will :
- Assist customers with their purchases
- Organize, co-ordinate and inventory the deli market
- Provide knowledge of meats, foods and catering
- Help prepare catering orders
- Work cash register
- Keep the area tidy and well maintained
- Converse in Spanish and English
We are looking for applicants who demonstrate skills in customer service, organization, good verbal and written communication skills, and have food service training and knowledge.
Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience working in the industry and has a food handling certification.
Please submit via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSTING JUNE 2018:
We are hiring a Litter / Graffiti Abatement Technician! Please see below for details:
Posting Title: LITTER/GRAFFITI Abatement Technician
Location: between 26-61 Streets on 17 Avenue SE. Office located at 250, 3515 17 Avenue SE.
Compensation: $ 17.25 per hour + monthly graffiti bonus based on performance/yearly bonus, dental and health benefits are provided to all employees of International Avenue.
Hours of Work: five days a week to a maximum of 40 hours/week based on need
The International Avenue BRZ is a non-profit community development organization working toward revitalizing 17th Avenue SE known as International Avenue and building community capacity. We represent over 435 businesses within the zone from 26-61 Street on 17 Ave SE.
An exciting opportunity exists, working in an up and coming neighbourhood, for a highly self-motivated, hardworking, reliable and organized individual. Reporting, to the Executive Director, the Litter and Graffiti Abatement Technician will:
- Empty BRZ garbage cans and remove litter from surrounding public realm
- Record, remove and report graffiti within 24/48 hours of occurrence on public and private property within the zone.
- Adhere to all safety standard procedures as outlined
- Deliver notices to businesses as required
- Remove weeds, plants flowers to enhance zone
- Provide some cleaning work within BRZ offices
- Help setting up of events and clean up
- Odd handyman jobs
- Use of lawn mover, weed eater and equipment as required
- Oversee fountain in Unity Park and effective maintenance of such
- Minor snow shoveling
- Minor soft landscape maintenance
- Sensitivity is required regarding confidential matters
You must be bondable and a Greater Forest Lawn community resident is preferred. A vehicle is required for this position and compensation for mileage will be provided.
Applications accepted until a suitable candidate is found. Please submit resume and letter to Alison at email@example.com