We are hiring a Litter / Graffiti Abatement Technician! Please see below for details:
Posting Title: LITTER/GRAFFITI Abatement Technician
Location: between 26-61 Streets on 17 Avenue SE. Office located at 250, 3515 17 Avenue SE.
Compensation: $ 17.25 per hour + monthly graffiti bonus based on performance/yearly bonus, dental and health benefits are provided to all employees of International Avenue.
Hours of Work: five days a week to a maximum of 40 hours/week based on need
The International Avenue BRZ is a non-profit community development organization working toward revitalizing 17th Avenue SE known as International Avenue and building community capacity. We represent over 435 businesses within the zone from 26-61 Street on 17 Ave SE.
An exciting opportunity exists, working in an up and coming neighbourhood, for a highly self-motivated, hardworking, reliable and organized individual. Reporting, to the Executive Director, the Litter and Graffiti Abatement Technician will:
- Empty BRZ garbage cans and remove litter from surrounding public realm
- Record, remove and report graffiti within 24/48 hours of occurrence on public and private property within the zone.
- Adhere to all safety standard procedures as outlined
- Deliver notices to businesses as required
- Remove weeds, plants flowers to enhance zone
- Provide some cleaning work within BRZ offices
- Help setting up of events and clean up
- Odd handyman jobs
- Use of lawn mover, weed eater and equipment as required
- Oversee fountain in Unity Park and effective maintenance of such
- Minor snow shoveling
- Minor soft landscape maintenance
- Sensitivity is required regarding confidential matters
You must be bondable and a Greater Forest Lawn community resident is preferred. A vehicle is required for this position and compensation for mileage will be provided.
Applications accepted until a suitable candidate is found. Please submit resume and letter to Alison at email@example.com