Very interesting, the unique small businesses, you will find along 17th Avenue SE.
The Nile cafe and food store is one such intriguing location at 4002 17 Avenue SE.
Try the Somalian coffee with it’s hint of ginger and cinnamon, so refreshing I didn’t even need milk and sugar as usual.
Samosa’s are made with either Halal chicken or beef and served with three types of sauces.
A great find was the stacked tea pot- a tea pot at the top of a holder, below cups, then a small shelf with saucers all in a handy small holding “condo”.
Somalian women are known for their beauty (think Iman) but also for their perfume, many make their own unique blend with jasmine, rose, or orange blossom water.
At the Nile you will find pretty containers to store your own precious sweet smelling blend.
20 Shops on International Avenue That Will Lower your Carbon Footprint
International Avenue has lots to offer if you are looking to lower your carbon footprint consider shopping at one of the many reuse shops.
- Sector Computers – 3450 17 Avenue SE
- Pro Shoe Repair – 3330 17 Ave SE
- Jayson’s Corner – 3714 17 Avenue SE
- Value Appliances – 1721 36 Street SE
- Jewelry Outlet – 3, 3520 17 Ave SE
- Angel’s Pawnshop – 3517 17 Ave SE
- Disc Exchange – 3512 17 Ave SE
- Harmony Lane Music – 4518 17 Ave SE
- Quality Tools – 146, 1830 52 St SE
- Hong’s Tailor – 2889 17 Ave SE
- Video Game Trader – 4, 34 56 17 Ave SE
- Discount Vacuum – 3712 17 Ave SE
- Salvation Army – 3012 17 Ave SE
- Cash Canada Pawn – 3233 17 Ave SE
- Southview Motors – 3419 17 Ave SE
- Chinook Auto Sales – 1739 50 Street SE
- Calgary Used Cars – 1827 36 St SE
- House of Van Gogh- 102,5430 17 Ave SE
Pro Shoe Repair – Reduce your Carbon Footprint
Many of us are growing increasingly concerned about our carbon footprint on the planet.
Pro Shoe Repair on International Avenue offers many different options to repurpose items such as shoes, leather jackets, and hats; this allows us to keep items we love too much to simply throw away, while reducing our environmental impact on the planet.
Pro Shoe Repair, located at 3330 17 Ave SE, has made its home on International Avenue for 16 years. Owner Din Rawgi and his wife took over the store from its previous owner in 1997, and have been operating ever since. It is the only store along International Avenue of its kind.
Din is quite the handyman, and looks after repairs on clothing of all types. “Leather Jackets are a very popular item to repair, if the jacket is torn or a zipper breaks, I can repair it so it’s like new.” he says. His wife takes care of alterations and dry cleaning. Pro Shoe Repair is a great one-stop shop to protect, repair and maintain all clothing items.
Pro Shoe Repair is a great place to start reducing our personal environmental impact on the planet, while letting us keep the clothing that we have already fallen in love with.