Many thrilling changes are underway. Major construction has started last year in March of Phase One and Two (worth $176 million in infrastructure upgrades). Full construction of the Avenue will be underway again this spring with completion expected in Fall, 2018.
How can I get more information?
To get the most up to date information make sure you join the mailing list so we can keep up to date when we’re going to be working on the avenue.
And make sure to visit calgary.ca/17avesebrt for updates, pictures of what 17 Avenue will look like when it’s complete, and anything else you may need.
If you need to get a hold of the City of Calgary Transportation Infrastructure team you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Update – Fall 2017
Construction for phase two of the 17 Avenue S.E. Bus Rapid Transit is well underway, and we’ll continue working into the fall.
Piling for the Bow River bridge piers is complete, and crews have started working on the piling for the Deerfoot bridge as well. We’ve started concrete work for the bridge that will go over the Bow River, and expect to erect the steel girders in February.
Crews are still moving dirt fill into the areas beside Deerfoot Trail, and foundation work should start later this fall, weather dependant. The work for moving fill will still involveincreased truck traffic in the area; however, that traffic should decrease in February.
Crews have also started work on the east side of the Western Headworks Canal doing waterline work to prepare for the BRT Bridge that will go over the canal.
To ensure pedestrian and cyclist safety during construction there are three patway detours residents should be aware of along the Western Irrigation District Canal pathway and the Bow River pathway close to the Cushing Bridge.
- Detour on the east side of the western irrigation district canal
- Detour on the west side of the western irrigation district canal
- Detour on the Bow River pathway near the Cushing Bridge
Don’t forget to sign up for the mailing list to stay up to date on the on the project.
Want to see how the project has been progressing? Check out our time-lapse cameras:
The City is moving forward with construction of the 17 Avenue S.E. BRT between 9 Avenue S.E. and 28 Street S.E. The City will:
- Build dedicated bus lanes between 9 Avenue S.E. to 28 Street S.E.
- Construct bridge structures across the Bow River, Western Headworks Canal and Deerfoot Trail.
- Build new BRT stations with canopies, heated areas and real-time travel information.
- At-grade road crossings at 19 Street S.E. and 26 Street S.E. on the south side of 17 Avenue S.E., and a modified intersection at 28 Street S.E. to move busses from the median lane to the south side of 17 Avenue and onto the separated roadway that will be constructed as part of phase 2.
Welcome to Ramen Tekkotsu Ya located at #4, 1704 61 Street SE Call 403-569-0785.
IAACC has been granted the right to the land on June 21, 2011 at the entrance of International Avenue for a 1000 seat theatre . This now allows the group to begin fundraising.
Our Executive Director, Alison Karim-McSwiney was chosen as a “New Maverick” by the Calgary Herald.